Why the Foundation
The Port Moody Foundation was established in 1989 by a group of caring citizens and generous donors who envisioned a Foundation whose goal was to invest in projects and initiatives that enhance the quality of life in Port Moody. Today the Foundation has an endowment of over $500,000. These funds are held in perpetuity and the interest earned is invested back into initiatives that support the quality of life of Port Moody.
Our generous donors have established funds that reflect the diversity of their interests. Their funds provide scholarships to Port Moody students pursuing post-secondary education, enhance our natural environment and support our library. Undesignated donations are invested in our general endowment, the interest of which is distributed to support organizations that are working to enhance our community; organizations such as our museum and art gallery. Each year we distribute approximately over $11,000 to our community.
Port Moody is a community built on heritage and tradition. We take pride in the unique character of our city and the diversity of our people. In partnership with our community we will continue to build endowments to invest in Port Moody.
Our mission is
- to promote and encourage endeavours in the fields of arts and culture, heritage, ecology, sports and recreation and social betterment primarily to benefit those living within the City of Port Moody
- to support, develop and enhance parks, cultural, recreational and community facilities in the City of Port Moody
- promote capital projects in the City of Port Moody for cultural, recreational and community activities;
Our funds are held in the Vancouver Foundation, the largest Community Foundation in Canada, whose assets exceed $1 Billion. An investment in the Port Moody Foundation endowment fund held at Vancouver Foundation is a secure and safe investment.
Special thank you for the support of:
- City of Port Moody
- David Gregory of Gregory, Yick & Associates, Accounting Services,
- Grant Morrison of BTM Lawyers, Legal Services
- Peter Muir, Website creation
Board of Directors
|Directors||Wayne Borthwick, Catherine Burns, Heidi Harrison, Salome Honarmand, Joanne Parneta, Dave Teixeira, Paul Thiel, Elizabeth Theriault,|
We are a member of Community Foundations of Canada, a national network of 189 community foundations across Canada dedicated to helping Canadians invest in building strong and resilient places to live, work and play.